USA: TOFUTTI announces increased sales and operating and net income
TOFUTTI BRANDS INC. (Amex: TOF) yesterday announced improved results for the fifty-two week period ended December 30, 2000. Net sales for the fifty-two weeks ended December 30, 2000 increased 12% to $13,343,000 compared with net sales of $11,912,000 for the fifty-three weeks ended January 1, 2000. For the fifty-two weeks ended December 30, 2000, the Company reported an increase in operating income to $1,465,000 as compared with operating income of $1,424,000 for the comparable 1999 period. The Company's operating results were negatively impacted during the fifty-two week period ended December 30, 2000 as a result of new product start-up costs, including costs incurred at new co-packaging locations and higher packaging and freight charges. The Company expects that during 2001 its operating expenses will continue to be affected by these same factors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre