USA: TOFUTTI announces increased sales and operating and net income
TOFUTTI BRANDS INC. (Amex: TOF) yesterday announced improved results for the fifty-two week period ended December 30, 2000. Net sales for the fifty-two weeks ended December 30, 2000 increased 12% to $13,343,000 compared with net sales of $11,912,000 for the fifty-three weeks ended January 1, 2000. For the fifty-two weeks ended December 30, 2000, the Company reported an increase in operating income to $1,465,000 as compared with operating income of $1,424,000 for the comparable 1999 period. The Company's operating results were negatively impacted during the fifty-two week period ended December 30, 2000 as a result of new product start-up costs, including costs incurred at new co-packaging locations and higher packaging and freight charges. The Company expects that during 2001 its operating expenses will continue to be affected by these same factors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report