JAPAN: Tokyo officials launch investigations at Snow Brand
Officials from the Tokyo metropolitan government searched Snow Brand Food Co .'s warehouse and headquarters yesterday [Wednesday] hoping to find evidence of the alleged fraud over false labeling of beef. About 3.5 tons of imported beef repackaged as domestic beef was impounded at the company's warehouse in Ota Ward, for further investigation by officials. Scandal-hit SBF's headquarters in Chuo Ward were also searched.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target