JAPAN: Tokyo officials launch investigations at Snow Brand
Officials from the Tokyo metropolitan government searched Snow Brand Food Co .'s warehouse and headquarters yesterday [Wednesday] hoping to find evidence of the alleged fraud over false labeling of beef. About 3.5 tons of imported beef repackaged as domestic beef was impounded at the company's warehouse in Ota Ward, for further investigation by officials. Scandal-hit SBF's headquarters in Chuo Ward were also searched.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever