JAPAN: Tokyo officials launch investigations at Snow Brand
Officials from the Tokyo metropolitan government searched Snow Brand Food Co .'s warehouse and headquarters yesterday [Wednesday] hoping to find evidence of the alleged fraud over false labeling of beef. About 3.5 tons of imported beef repackaged as domestic beef was impounded at the company's warehouse in Ota Ward, for further investigation by officials. Scandal-hit SBF's headquarters in Chuo Ward were also searched.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast