JAPAN: Top branded rice losing out to cheaper competitors
Some of the world's most cosseted rice producers are feeling threatened by cut-cost and foreign rice for the first time. Grown in Yamagata in northern Japan, Uonuma Koshihikari has a reputation as the nation's favourite top-brand rice but sales are plummeting owing to changes in legislation and consumer behaviour.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group