JAPAN: Top branded rice losing out to cheaper competitors
Some of the world's most cosseted rice producers are feeling threatened by cut-cost and foreign rice for the first time. Grown in Yamagata in northern Japan, Uonuma Koshihikari has a reputation as the nation's favourite top-brand rice but sales are plummeting owing to changes in legislation and consumer behaviour.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target