US: Top Kellogg executives swap jobs
Kellogg has asked the men heading its North American and international business to swap roles.
Kellogg, the world's largest cereal maker, has appointed CFO John Bryant to the position of president of Kellogg North America.
Bryant will hold both roles; he had held the positions of CFO and president of Kellogg International since 2004.
Bryant replaces Jeffrey Montie, who heads in the opposite direction, swapping the top job at Kellogg's North American business for the lead role at its international division. Montie will also head up Kellogg's global innovation, marketing, consumer promotion, and sales teams.
Both men will report to Kellogg president and CEO David Mackay. "This shift in responsibilities leverages their capabilities, and offers new opportunities to enhance our bench strength," Mackay said.
A Kellogg spokesperson dismissed suggestions that the executive swap comes amid growing challenges for the company in North America and internationally.
"It's a development opportunity for the individuals, rather than any particular need on either side of the business," the spokesperson told just-food.
The moves, announced today (23 July), come alongside two more appointments among Kellogg's executives in North America.
Paul Norman, who heads Kellogg's US morning foods business, will take on responsibility of the company's frozen foods business.
Meanwhile, Brad Davidson, president of Kellogg's US snacks business, will also look after the company's Canadian unit.
This week, in a bid to display their seriousness in tackling child obesity, the EU's biggest food firms signed up to a set of marketing commitments. Similar moves in the US are, after initial fierce c...
The last five days have seen the owners of UK retailer Somerfield look for a buyer, Kellogg invest in Russia - and a police hostage raid at a Unilever plant. Here's this week's most popular stories on...
Kellogg has snapped up Russian biscuit and ready-to-eat cereal business The United Bakers Group for an undisclosed sum....
Kellogg is launching a TV push behind Nutri-Grain in the UK next month, the cereal giant has announced....
Cereal giant Kellogg has introduced a new product to their All-Bran range in the US with the launch of strawberry medley....
US natural and organic food firm Kashi Co. has expanded its frozen pizza stable with the launch of three whole-grain products....
Cereals giant Kellogg is to make its first foray into central and Eastern Europe with the construction of a manufacturing facility in Poland....
There will be more consolidation among US packaged food companies in 2008, according to debt rating agency Fitch's....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016