Top stories on just-food this week
Heinz dominated the headlines this week, when the Pittsburgh-based ketchup maker unveiled expansion plans and hinted that it might be interested in acquiring the Campbell Soup Co. Just-food's top ten facts on Indian retailing proved popular with readers, following hot on the heels of news that Tesco is planning a foray into India. Pilgrim's pride revealed that it plans to close two plants and food safety again came under the microscope. Meanwhile, in news from Australia, the Dairy Farmers sale saga continued and there was further criticism of the inquiry into the grocery sector. These were the ten most read stories on just-food this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe