Top stories on just-food this week
The debate over retailer expansion in the UK swung back into the spotlight this week with the country's regulator standing firm on a planning test - much to the chagrin of Tesco. Rumours on Wal-Mart's intentions over Russia resurfaced as the world's largest retailer was linked with local grocer Kopeyka. In France, Carrefour claimed to be "encouraged" despite its quarterly sales falling year-on-year; while ailing milk group Entremont Alliance attracted a joint bid from peers Sodiaal and Bongrain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO