Top stories on just-food this week
Yes, it was Cadbury - again - that grabbed your attention this week - notably the UK firm's latest defence against Kraft Foods' hostile takeover and reports that Ferrero had abandoned plans for a counter bid. Deloitte published its annual global retail rankings, while Carrefour appointed a former Tesco executive to breathe fresh life into its French operations. The UK's plans for a supermarket ombudsman caused a fierce debate on this side of the pond, while in the US, proposals for cuts in salt levels ruffled some feathers. These are the top stories this week on just-food.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods