Top stories on just-food this week
Kraft Foods' patient pursuit of Cadbury this week paid off as the US food giant secured the backing of the UK confectioner's board after tabling a higher takeover offer. The proposed acquisition of Cadbury has been met with raised eyebrows on both sides of the pond but the deal will make Kraft the world's largest confectioner. Meanwhile, in the US, Hormel Foods snapped up the Country Crock side dish business from Unilever and, in the UK, egg giant Noble Foods has added to its dessert business with a majority stake in Gu. And, elsewhere, Tesco and Carrefour hinted at further expansion in India. These are the most popular stories in just-food this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs