Top stories on just-food this week
US food regulators had a busy few days this week. They were forced to deal with the latest salmonella scare to hit the industry, while firing off a series of warning letters to manufacturers - including Nestle and Schwan's - over alleged misleading nutrition labels. The debate over how food is labelled also re-emerged in the UK, with the FSA's latest proposals for a hybrid scheme, which angered the country's retailers. On the retail front, the Co-operative Group received a sales boost in the UK, while over the English Channel, Casino acknowledged problems at home and Dutch giant Ahold eyed expansion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund