USA: Topps net sales slightly up in Q4 2002
The Topps Co, an international marketer of consumer products, has posted its financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended 2 March 2002. For the Q4 of fiscal 2002, net sales were US$60.9m, compared with US$60.5m for the same period last year. Pokemon sales in the quarter were US$3.1m versus US$9.6m last year. Income from operations in the Q4 was US$1.4m, compared with US$0.6m in the Q4 last year. Net income was US$1.4m, or US$0.03 per diluted share, compared with US$8.6m, or US$0.19 per diluted share, in the same period a year ago. This year's Q4 benefited from the favorable outcome of a legal settlement related to the Internet business, which contributed US$2.4m pre-tax, while last year's Q4 included a US$5.8m income tax credit.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations