JAPAN: Total BSE package to cost government ¥155.4bn this fiscal year alone
The Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries has revealed plans to spend around ¥155.4bn (US$1.27bn) on measures to eradicate BSE from the national herd, in this current fiscal year alone. In a policy approved this morning [Wednesday] by a committee of the Liberal Democratic Party, the farm ministry will spend ¥48.8b directly helping dairy farmers and distributors affected by the outbreak of the disease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning