USA :Tougher Trade Rules Praised by U.S. Agriculture Group
A broad-based coalition of American agricultural groups today applauded President Clinton and Congress for enacting a trade bill that contains language which will make retaliation more effective against countries that violate World Trade Organization (WTO) rules.The American Farm Bureau Federation, American Meat Institute, Chiquita Brands International, Hawaii Banana Growers Industry Association, and the National Cattlemen's Beef Association said the "carousel retaliation" provision contained in "The Africa and Caribbean Basin Growth and Opportunity Act" will help the United States enforce its trade rights.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week