USA :Tougher Trade Rules Praised by U.S. Agriculture Group
A broad-based coalition of American agricultural groups today applauded President Clinton and Congress for enacting a trade bill that contains language which will make retaliation more effective against countries that violate World Trade Organization (WTO) rules.The American Farm Bureau Federation, American Meat Institute, Chiquita Brands International, Hawaii Banana Growers Industry Association, and the National Cattlemen's Beef Association said the "carousel retaliation" provision contained in "The Africa and Caribbean Basin Growth and Opportunity Act" will help the United States enforce its trade rights.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife