USA: Toy maker sues Kellogg over Frosted Flake game
US toy maker Hasbro has filed a federal trademark lawsuit against US cereal giant Kellogg, claiming a promotion on boxes of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes too closely resembles Hasbro's Memory card game.
The back of the cereal box shows 16 cards featuring eight characters from the forthcoming film "Finding Nemo". Children are instructed to cut the cards out, turn them face down and then flip them back over two at a time to find matching pairs.
The rules are similar to those of Memory, the 1960s-era game to which Hasbro owns the trademark. Hasbro is selling its own "Finding Nemo" version of the Memory game in toy stores, after the Walt Disney Co licensed the characters to the toy company for use in its Memory game, according to the lawsuit.
Hasbro said it wanted to protect its trademark against "blatant infringement" and has asked the court to order Kellogg to recall and impound all Frosted Flake boxes that feature the game, reported the Associated Press.
Traffic lights, GDAs, signposting - whatever format it takes in the end, front-of-pack nutritional labelling is something the UK's Food Standards Agency is desperate to introduce in a bid to encourage...
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has begun to loosen its labelling restrictions, allowing manufacturers of certain products to make qualified health claims on the labels. This has led to some...
Iconic US chocolate maker Hershey Foods is in the midst of a transformation process. Its aim? To diversify into the snack food market in order to expand beyond its core chocolate business. With new pr...
Kellogg company executive Dr. Michael McBurney has been named the head of the new department of nutrition and food science at Texas A&M University....
Cereal company Kellogg has announced rises in sales and net earnings for the second quarter....
Cereal and snack company Kellogg has introduced new Gripz snacks - 'mighty tiny' versions of two favourite snacks including Cheez-It baked snack crackers and Chips Deluxe chocolate chip cookies. ...
Cereal company Kellogg has announced the expansion of its Special K line with the launch of Special K Fruit and Yogurt, which will be on store shelves nationwide in July....
A Montreal-area woman has launched a demand for a class action against Kellogg Canada, claiming it misleads consumers with "low sugar" advertising on its boxes of Frosted Flakes and Froot Loops cereal...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review