USA: Toy maker sues Kellogg over Frosted Flake game
US toy maker Hasbro has filed a federal trademark lawsuit against US cereal giant Kellogg, claiming a promotion on boxes of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes too closely resembles Hasbro's Memory card game. The back of the cereal box shows 16 cards featuring eight characters from the forthcoming film "Finding Nemo". Children are instructed to cut the cards out, turn them face down and then flip them back over two at a time to find matching pairs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti