USA: Toy maker sues Kellogg over Frosted Flake game
US toy maker Hasbro has filed a federal trademark lawsuit against US cereal giant Kellogg, claiming a promotion on boxes of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes too closely resembles Hasbro's Memory card game. The back of the cereal box shows 16 cards featuring eight characters from the forthcoming film "Finding Nemo". Children are instructed to cut the cards out, turn them face down and then flip them back over two at a time to find matching pairs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action