PAKISTAN: Trade relations understanding ensures rice exports to Senegal
A delegation is expected to reach Islamabad within the next few days, to finalise the details of a Memorandum of Understanding signed by Habibou Ndiaye, director of Senegal's commerce ministry, and Shahzad Ali Malik, chairman of the Rice Export Association of Pakistan.The memorandum is the first move towards cooperation between Pakistan and the French speaking West African country, and it is expressly seen as a step in the right direction for reciprocal trade relations. It initially states that from January 2001, Pakistan will supply nearly 50% of the rice consumed in Senegal, which in return is willing to set up mechanisms for the export of phosphate, a great natural resource in the country. Further cooperation on textiles and telecommunications is hoped for.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review