PHILIPPINES: Training for mango farmers to boost income out of season
As the mango season draws to a close next month, the Industrial Technology Development Institute (ITDI) of the Department of Science and Technology is hoping that farmers will make the most of their surplus crops. A series of training programmes to be held at the end of the month will teach farmers how to preserve mangos and thus maintain a cash income from the crop throughout the year. Farmers will be taught how to convert the fruit into a dried product, jam, puree and halves in syrup nectar.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs