PHILIPPINES: Training for mango farmers to boost income out of season
As the mango season draws to a close next month, the Industrial Technology Development Institute (ITDI) of the Department of Science and Technology is hoping that farmers will make the most of their surplus crops. A series of training programmes to be held at the end of the month will teach farmers how to preserve mangos and thus maintain a cash income from the crop throughout the year. Farmers will be taught how to convert the fruit into a dried product, jam, puree and halves in syrup nectar.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast