USA: Transora acquires planet U, a leading distributor of electronic coupons for consumer products
Transora, the world's largest business-to-business eMarketplace for the global consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry, announced today that it has acquired online promotions company planet U™ in an all-stock transaction. planet U works closely with leading retailers and CPG manufacturers to deliver household targeted promotions directly to consumers using the Internet and retailer frequent shopper card programs. planet U's proprietary technology and experience with online marketing combined with Transora's intent to provide collaborative promotions management as part of its Retail Services, will speed progress toward creating efficiency across the entire CPG value chain. Specific terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods