USA: Transora acquires planet U, a leading distributor of electronic coupons for consumer products
Transora, the world's largest business-to-business eMarketplace for the global consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry, announced today that it has acquired online promotions company planet U™ in an all-stock transaction. planet U works closely with leading retailers and CPG manufacturers to deliver household targeted promotions directly to consumers using the Internet and retailer frequent shopper card programs. planet U's proprietary technology and experience with online marketing combined with Transora's intent to provide collaborative promotions management as part of its Retail Services, will speed progress toward creating efficiency across the entire CPG value chain. Specific terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch