Exclusive: Transora is the big business trading exchange. But what for small business?
Transora, the new electronic private market, linking 49 of the greatest consumer products manufacturers - many of them in the food business - is expected to make life tough for traditional small suppliers and retailers for some years to come.From this week, companies such as Bestfoods, Campbell Soups Co, Danone Foods Inc, Heineken International, the Hersche Food Corporation and Cadbury Schweppes will be able to conduct business electronically, using a common platform with shared standards. Transora is designed for business to business transactions, it will eventually cover the supply chain from suppliers to manufacturers to retailers. It will host systems for procurement, vendor and product catalogues, online order management, and financial services. In a just-food.com exclusive, Kate Ellerton looks at the new business platform for the likes of Heinz, Campbell Soups, Danone, Heineken International, and Cadbury Schweppes, and also the viability - and likelihood - of much smaller participants. The full article is available
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- UK yogurt makers call for added sugar "clarity"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review