US: TreeHouse buys Associated Milk Producers own-label assets
- TreeHouse buys aseptic businesses from AMPI
- Adds to Naturally Fresh acquisition in March
TreeHouse adds to private-label portfolio
US private-label group TreeHouse Foods has snapped up cheese and pudding assets owned by dairy co-op Associated Milk Producers.
TreeHouse announced the acquisition of the aseptic units on Friday (30 November) for an undisclosed sum.
The businesses make products for retail and foodservice customers. Treehouse chairman, president and CEO Sam Reed said the deal would "expand our relationships with strategic customers".
The US private-label sector is undergoing a period of consolidation, although it remains a fragmented market. In March, TreeHouse bought dressings and sauces firm Naturally Fresh. However, the year's most notable deal came last week when ConAgra Foods secured a deal to buy Ralcorp Holdings. The acquisition will create the largest own-label firm in the US.
|TreeHouse Foods, Inc. Completes Acquisition of the Aseptic Cheese and Pudding Business from Associated Milk Producers Inc.|
OAK BROOK, Ill., Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TreeHouse Foods, Inc. (NYSE:THS) announced today that it has completed the acquisition of the assets of the Aseptic Cheese and Pudding business from Associated Milk Producers Inc.("AMPI"), a dairy marketing cooperative based in New Ulm, Minnesota. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, but are not expected to have a material effect on TreeHouse's results. The business sells products to foodservice and retail customers, and will be integrated into the Company's existing Bay Valley Foods aseptic operation which also produces cheese and pudding products primarily for its Food Away From Home segment.
"The addition of AMPI's aseptic cheese and pudding business will strengthen Bay Valley Foods' position as a market leader in these product categories and will expand our relationships with strategic customers," said Sam K. Reed, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Together with the acquisition of Naturally Fresh, we have added approximately $100 million of annualized sales in 2012 with products that greatly complement our existing portfolio."
Original source: TreeHouse Foods
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Dried Soup (mixes) category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distributi...
The UK and the US enjoyed a public holiday on Monday and the shorter week is a quieter one for results. However, US poultry group Sanderson Farms and South Africa's Tiger Brands will report H1s, while...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Ambient Soup category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution cha...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispens...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Ethnic/Traditional Snacks category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on dis...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Monde Nissin "to acquire Menora"
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019