US: TreeHouse Foods Acquires Oxford Foods
TreeHouse Foods announced yesterday (22 February) the purchase of Oxford Foods, a producer of pickles, peppers and related products for the foodservice industry.
In 2005, Dean Foods created the publicly traded TreeHouse Foods by combining the businesses of its specialty foods group and its foodservice salad dressing business. TreeHouse's major interests include the production of branded and own-label pickles and non-dairy creamers. Oxford will be integrated into TreeHouse's Bay Valley Foods service operation.
Joe Coning, president of Bay Valley Foods, said: "Oxford will be a great addition to our business. Our foodservice pickle business has shown good growth and Oxford is a perfect fit with our operation."
Companies: Dean Foods
In the second part of this week's focus on the Australian food retail market, David Robertson looks at Woolworths' main rival, Coles Myer, which accounts for around 16% of all retail spending in Austr...
Traffic lights, GDAs, signposting - whatever format it takes in the end, front-of-pack nutritional labelling is something the UK's Food Standards Agency is desperate to introduce in a bid to encourage...
Buying power is often used by supermarkets to negotiate with their suppliers to get lower prices. These savings can then be passed onto the consumer in terms of price cuts and promotions. But do consu...
US dairy products company Dean Foods has announced that, effective 1 January 2006, Alan Bernon will assume the role of president of Dean Dairy Group....
California-based Ventura Foods has announced that it has completed its purchase of the Marie's dressings and Dean's dips businesses from Dean Foods....
US dairy firm Dean Foods has announced that Joseph Scalzo will join the company as president and chief executive officer of WhiteWave Foods....
Food processor Dean Foods has announced increased income for the second quarter ended 30 June 2005, helped by lower raw milk and butterfat costs and increased profitability at its WhiteWave Foods subs...
Edible oil product company Ventura Foods has entered into an agreement to purchase the Marie's dressings and Dean's dips businesses from Deans Foods Company....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities