US: TreeHouse Foods reportedly eyeing Michael Foods
TreeHouse is reportedly weighing up a bid for Michael Foods
Citing people familiar with the matter, Reuters said "it is not clear how serious Tree House might be about possibly acquiring Michael Foods."
Tree House Foods did not respond to just-food's requests for comment.
Last month, Tyson Foods was speculated to be interested in Michael Foods but declined to comment on reports it had tabled a formal offer for the firm.
An auction process is expected to raise US$2bn for the food company.
Michael Foods was acquired in 2010 by Goldman Sachs' investment arm GS Capital Partners for US$1.7bn. Rumours that Goldman Sachs was seeking to offload the business emerged at the end of last year.
Michael Foods manufactures products under the Papetti's, Crystal Farms, AllWhites and Simply Potatoes brands. The group generates annual sales of around $1.5bn.
Tree House Foods supplies various food products to the retail and food service industries.
Last year the firm struck a deal to buy dressings and mayonnaise firm Cains Foods for US$35m.
TreeHouse Foods, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service of...
Synopsis Canadean's "Michael Foods Group, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
Canadean's "TreeHouse Foods, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contain...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report