TreeHouse to close Bay Valley Foods plant in California
TreeHouse is closing a Bay Valley production plant in California
TreeHouse Foods has announced it is closing its Bay Valley Foods plant in California.
The US private-label suppplier said the closure was determined after "carefully reviewing the operation and identifying opportunities to lower production costs". The move affects 62 employees.
The plant makes branded liquid non-dairy creamer and refrigerated dressings for the foodservice sector. Production will be moved to other manufacturing facilities within the company's network, as well as to third-party facilities.
Production will cease in the first quarter of next year, with the closure of the plant expected in the third quarter. The cost of closing the facility is expected to be around US$11.9m. Components of the charges include non-cash asset write-offs of approximately $3.7m, employee-related costs of approximately $2.8m and other closure costs of approximately $5.4m.
Ongoing annual cost savings from the closing are expected to be approximately $1m.
Canadean's "TreeHouse Foods, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile conta...
Plimsoll Publishing’s Organic Food Manufacturers (GLOBAL) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Organic Food Manufacturers (GLOBAL) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on...
Plimsoll Publishing’s Soup Producers (GLOBAL) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Soup Producers (GLOBAL) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 100 companies, ...
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report