SINGAPORE: Tricon formats Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC up for grabs in Singapore
Tricon is believed to looking for investors with upward of US$200m to spare as part of its Singapore refranchising programme. The group has put 106 outlets operating under the KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell brands on the market.
The outlets together employ approximately 3000 people and account for 25% of the country's fastfood sector, with sales of over US$200m. The majority of the outlets are KFC restaurants (70), with 30 Pizza Huts and six Taco Bells making up the remainder.
Around half a dozen parties, both local and from overseas, are believed to have indicated an interest in taking on the franchise, claimed a report in the Singapore Business Times. These are expected to include the sons of former Chief Justice Wee Chong Jin, two Malaysian parties and Singapore-listed Heshe Holdings, which is growing its food-and-beverage business under newly incorporated subsidiary Tedston.
As McDonald's and Wendy's introduce healthier options amid rising obesity levels and a general interest in healthier foods, some fastfood companies have been going in the opposite direction, introduci...
It's easier talking to your customers if you speak their language. With millions of speakers of minority languages around the world, food processors and retailers need to be able to communicate with t...
UK fastfood chain KFC, part of US group Yum! Brands, has announced that, following successful trials, it is no longer adding salt to its fries....
US fastfood chain KFC, part of Yum! Brands, has said its new 99-cent Snacker Sandwich is fast on the way to becoming the most successful sandwich launch in its history....
Fastfood chain KFC, which celebrates its 20th anniversary in Hong Kong today (Monday), has announced a plan to double the size of its operations in the city over four years, the Xinhua news agency rep...
Restaurant company Yum! Brands has announced that all company owned KFC and Pizza Hut restaurants are to have a now smoking policy....
The head of fast-food chain KFC Holdings (Malaysia) Bhd said on Tuesday he would not quit after being suspended when an independent auditor's report revealed shortcomings at the firm, the Reuters news...
Fastfood company KFC Holdings (Malaysia) has suspended its managing director Datuk Johari Abdul Ghani, it said in an announcement to the financial markets....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights