USA: Tricon Pleased With Proposed AmeriServe Sale to McLane
Tricon Global Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE:YUM) said it is "very pleased" by the announcement that AmeriServe Food Distribution, Inc. has reached a definitive agreement to sell its U.S. distribution business to McLane Company, Inc, a subsidiary of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. The proposed agreement provides for an outright purchase of the AmeriServe business by McLane.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units