AUSTRALIA: Truffle industry reports poor season
Three years after the harvest of Australia's first black truffle in Tasmania, the gourmet truffle industry is struggling as adverse weather conditions have affected truffle harvests. Perigord Truffles of Tasmania, the founder of the Australian truffle industry and its biggest player, had been hoping to harvest between 20kg and 30kg of truffles this season but instead bagged just under 6kg. The previous season produced around 5kg.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw