AUSTRALIA: Truffle industry reports poor season
Three years after the harvest of Australia's first black truffle in Tasmania, the gourmet truffle industry is struggling as adverse weather conditions have affected truffle harvests. Perigord Truffles of Tasmania, the founder of the Australian truffle industry and its biggest player, had been hoping to harvest between 20kg and 30kg of truffles this season but instead bagged just under 6kg. The previous season produced around 5kg.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid