AUSTRALIA: Truffle industry reports poor season
Three years after the harvest of Australia's first black truffle in Tasmania, the gourmet truffle industry is struggling as adverse weather conditions have affected truffle harvests. Perigord Truffles of Tasmania, the founder of the Australian truffle industry and its biggest player, had been hoping to harvest between 20kg and 30kg of truffles this season but instead bagged just under 6kg. The previous season produced around 5kg.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK