AUSTRALIA: Truffle industry reports poor season
Three years after the harvest of Australia's first black truffle in Tasmania, the gourmet truffle industry is struggling as adverse weather conditions have affected truffle harvests. Perigord Truffles of Tasmania, the founder of the Australian truffle industry and its biggest player, had been hoping to harvest between 20kg and 30kg of truffles this season but instead bagged just under 6kg. The previous season produced around 5kg.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast