VIETNAM/USA: Trung Nguyen accuses Rice Field of stealing its trademark
Successful Vietnam coffee house chain Trung Nguyen is claiming that an American company has stolen its trademark. Dang Le Nguyen Vu launched the chain back in 1998 and now has 400 franchise coffee houses in Vietnam. In 2000 he took Trung Nguyen into the US market through its American distributor Rice Field, who subsequently registered the Trung Nguyen trademark with US authorities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch