VIETNAM/USA: Trung Nguyen accuses Rice Field of stealing its trademark
Successful Vietnam coffee house chain Trung Nguyen is claiming that an American company has stolen its trademark. Dang Le Nguyen Vu launched the chain back in 1998 and now has 400 franchise coffee houses in Vietnam. In 2000 he took Trung Nguyen into the US market through its American distributor Rice Field, who subsequently registered the Trung Nguyen trademark with US authorities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill