USA: Tucker Anthony Initiates Coverage of Galaxy Foods Company
Tucker Anthony today announced that it has initiated coverage of Galaxy Foods Company, a manufacturer and marketer of healthy dairy alternatives. Senior analyst Carole Buyers gives Galaxy stock (NASDAQ:GXY - news) a top rating of Strong Buy and has set a 12-month price target of $7. Galaxy is the latest addition to Tucker Anthony's expanding Healthy Lifestyles equity research coverage list. Based in Orlando, Florida, Galaxy's 85% market share of the small but rapidly growing alternative cheese market has set the stage for future expansion. "Galaxy's strategy, which involves increasing its penetration in the conventional grocery channel and realizing untapped foodservice opportunities, has the potential to expand the business ten-fold," said Ms. Buyers. In introducing a 12-month price target of $7, Ms. Buyers points out that the company is currently trading at a discount to its peer group. "Given that Galaxy is one of the faster growing companies in natural/organic food and beverage, we believe shares should trade at a slight premium to its peers, and thus our price target of $7. Further, the prospect of an acquisition by a conventional packaged food company could provide upside to our price target. Our implied acquisition valuation suggests a takeout price of $9-$11 per share."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action