THAILAND: TUF refutes claims that shrimp orders from Japan were cancelled
Thai fish processor TUF (Thai Union Frozen Products) has moved to downplay speculation that major orders have been cancelled. Rumours have been circulating that intimated that a number of major Japanese customers had cancelled a large volume of shrimp orders on concerns over product quality. TUF president Thiraphong Chansiri called the rumours "baseless and irresponsible" and accused those who started the rumours of seeking to manipulate prices, reported the Bangkok Post.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group