UK: Tulip invests in Cornwall "centre of excellence"
Tulip invests in Cornwall production facilities
Tulip, the UK arm of Danish Crown, plans to invest GBP490,000 (US$806,000) in developing a "centre of excellence" for gammon and bacon production in Cornwall.
The investment will be made across Tulip's facilities in Bodmin, Bugle and Redruth, where the group employs almost 2,000 people. It will be supported by a grant of GBP147,000 from the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
"Our ambition [is] to create a centre of excellence for gammon and bacon production in Cornwall," Tulip's Cornwall operations director Ray Hanly said.
"Keeping and expanding our excellent in-house butchery skills at Bugle, delivering a butchery apprenticeship programme in partnership with Duchy College and Brian Etherington Meat Company, and increasing productivity at Redruth to develop our sliced gammon range will help us maintain our competitive edge in challenging market conditions."
Last week, Tulip parent Danish Crown announced plans to restructure its meat processing operations in Denmark in a move that will impact more than 820 jobs.
Canadean's "Danish Crown Group: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ove...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during February 2014....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Meat (Fresh and Processed) in Thousand Metric Tons by the following Product Segments: Pork, Lamb & Goat, Beef & Veal, and Poultry. The report provides se...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global meat market during January 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest hap...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis