DENMARK: Tulip to reduce Goel workforce
Around 250 employees of Danish meat processing firm Polsefabrikken Goel are to lose their jobs. The layoffs are the result of the recent purchase of Goel by Danish meat processor Tulip Food, reported the Danish News Digest. After reviewing Goel's costs and work processes, Tulip has decided to carry out restructuring and invest in improving production and hygiene.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units