USA: Tuna fish in pouches (Not Cans) and electronic packages are coming to Chicago supermarkets; McCormick place serves as host to world's largest packaging tradeshow
Chicago area supermarkets are changing. Soon, consumers will find tuna fish in a pouch, not a can. Spaghetti sauce and soups will be packaged in clear plastic containers. Pouches holding food, snacks, confections, flour and even pet food will "stand up" and feature reclosable seals. UPC codes will be replaced by electronic chips embedded in the package.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO