NETHERLANDS: Two Ahold U.S. operating companies establish shared services structure
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, today announced that two of its U.S. operating companies have combined strengths in support areas to further improve their competitive position in their respective markets. The two companies are Tops Markets, headquartered in Williamsville in the northwest of New York State, with sales of approximately USD 3 billion; and Pennsylvania-based Giant-Carlisle with sales of approximately USD 2 billion following the ongoing transfer of the 76 stores of the Edwards division to sister company Stop & Shop.The new partnership, called a Shared Services Structure, has been designed to allow both companies to continue to operate individually as separate and distinct businesses. At the same time, they will join forces in support areas such as IT, real estate, private label development, human resources and advertising & promotion to increase efficiency and generate substantial cost savings. The two companies already have much in common, such as similar IT platforms, and are located relatively close to one another.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth