NETHERLANDS: Two Ahold U.S. operating companies establish shared services structure
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, today announced that two of its U.S. operating companies have combined strengths in support areas to further improve their competitive position in their respective markets. The two companies are Tops Markets, headquartered in Williamsville in the northwest of New York State, with sales of approximately USD 3 billion; and Pennsylvania-based Giant-Carlisle with sales of approximately USD 2 billion following the ongoing transfer of the 76 stores of the Edwards division to sister company Stop & Shop.The new partnership, called a Shared Services Structure, has been designed to allow both companies to continue to operate individually as separate and distinct businesses. At the same time, they will join forces in support areas such as IT, real estate, private label development, human resources and advertising & promotion to increase efficiency and generate substantial cost savings. The two companies already have much in common, such as similar IT platforms, and are located relatively close to one another.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report