NEW ZEALAND: Two more directors mull quitting Fonterra
Following the decision of Mike Smith to quit his post as a director on the board of Fonterra , at least two more of the dairy giant's directors are believed to be reviewing their positions. Smith, one of the key figures in Fonterra's formation, announced on Friday that he was leaving over concerns about the company's governance. He did not specify the particular causes for concern, but said: "Unless Fonterra addresses the issues it won't become the company that all farmers and indeed all New Zealanders want it to be."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid