BRAZIL: Tycoon Diniz slated for Brasil Foods board seat
Diniz, who hit in the international industry headlines in 2011 over his spat with French retailer Casino over ownership of CBD, will be put forward for election in April.
Brasil Foods confirmed its plans for Diniz to have a seat on its board yesterday (21 February).
A day earlier, reports emerged Casino had asked Diniz to resign his position as chairman of CBD should he join the board of another Brazilian company. Diniz reportedly said there was no law preventing him sitting on the board of two Brazilian companies.
Diniz kept his position as chairman of CBD, also known by its trading name of Grupo Pao de Acucar, even after his conflict with Casino over the ownership of the Brazilian retailer two years ago.
Diniz and Casino jointly ran CBD from 2005 until last year. The original deal between the two sides allowed Casino to take control of CBD in 2012 but, a year earlier, Diniz tried to merge CBD with Carrefour's Brazilian unit - without informing his French partner. The plan ultimately failed and Casino became CBD's sole controlling shareholder last June.
Casino Guichard-Perrachon SA had already concentrated its activity on small formats, and it will continue this strategy with further investment in chains like Chez Jean or Le Marché à Côté. As for oth...
Over the forecast period, Casino Guichard-Perrachon aims to become the leading player in grocery retailing in Vietnam by continuously expanding its outlet network and expanding into new areas in many ...
French retailer Système U has entered Andorra through the acquisition of two former Casino-owned Monoprix stores....
France's competition watchdog has cleared Casino's bid to take full control of convenience chain Monoprix....
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)