UK: Tyrrells launches all-sweet potato crisp variant
Tyrrells has announced the launch of a new sweet potato variant
Tyrrells has introduced an all-sweet potato crisp product into the UK market.
The new Sweet Potato with Smoked Chipotle Chilli crisps are made solely with sweet potato.
The UK crisp firm anothe products in its portfolio containing purple sweet potato but that line also contains vegetables, a spokesperson for the firm told just-food.
The crisps which were launched this month are available from Waitrose with an RRP of GBP1.29 (US$2.14) for 40g and GBP2.99 for 150g.
Tyrrells is renowned for its quirky crisp variants. In September last year, the firm extended its offering of premium snacks with the launch of an apple crisp line.
Competitor Kettle has also launched a range of Sweet Potato Chips in Lightly Salted and Sweet Chilli flavours this month as part of its "better for you range".
A spokesperson for Kettle was unavailable for comment when approached by just-food.
Tyrrells, the quintessential English crisp brand is expanding its range of Veg Crisps with the launch of their new Sweet Potato with Smoked Chipotle Chilli crisps. A perfectly delectable treat with a true Tyrrells crunch, these tasty new crisps are perfect for when you want to add a little spice to your usual crisp serving.
Building on the current trend for sweet and heat, these crisps combine the sweetness of the orange potato and the rich smoked notes of the chipotle chilli to make a deliciously balanced crisp.
In handy 40g packs for on the go snacking or 150g bags for sharing with friends and family, Tyrrells Sweet Potato with Smoked Chipotle Chilli crisps are available from Waitrose with an RRP of £1.29 for 40g and £2.99 for 150g.
Original source: Tyrrells
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights