UK: Tyrrells secures listing with US retailer Publix
Tyrrells said the deal would allow it to increase its mainstream presence in the US
A spokesperson for Tyrrells confirmed the contract to just-food today (11 March). Five variants of the Tyrells crisps range will be available across 850 Publix stores.
Exports have been a focus for Tyrrells for the past four years and has become the fastest growing part of its business, Tyrrells told just-food last year.
The company entered in the US and Canada in 2011. In the US in particular, the snack firm has developed a presence in natural stores, such as Whole Foods Market, although that contract is not national, the spokesperson said.
Tyrrells said last year its key focus markets are France, Germany, the Netherlands and North America. It is also enjoying success across Scandinavia, Switzerland and the Middle East. The firm recently employed a staff member based in Thailand to cover the Asia region where China is also a focus for the company.
US retailer Ingles Markets has booked a third-quarter loss, hurt by a one-off charge....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid