USA: Tyson anticipates higher fourth quarter results
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN) said yesterday that it expects its results for the fourth quarter, ending September 29, 2001, will be higher than originally anticipated. Tyson expects fourth quarter earnings in the range of $0.18 to $0.22 per share. This compares with the Company's previous guidance of $0.08 to $0.12 per share. The anticipated results do not include the acquisition of IBP, inc. (NYSE: IBP), of which Tyson owns 50.1 percent. Tyson expects to complete the acquisition of the remaining shares of IBP by the end of this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action