USA: Tyson anticipates higher fourth quarter results
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN) said yesterday that it expects its results for the fourth quarter, ending September 29, 2001, will be higher than originally anticipated. Tyson expects fourth quarter earnings in the range of $0.18 to $0.22 per share. This compares with the Company's previous guidance of $0.08 to $0.12 per share. The anticipated results do not include the acquisition of IBP, inc. (NYSE: IBP), of which Tyson owns 50.1 percent. Tyson expects to complete the acquisition of the remaining shares of IBP by the end of this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units