US: Tyson beef recalled in E.coli scare
Tyson Foods is recalling beef products amid an E.coli scare
Tyson Fresh Meats is recalling approximately 131,300 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli.
The recall affects the Kroger Quality Guaranteed Ground Beef, Butcher’s Brand Premium Beef and Ground Beef products from the Kansas-based arm of Tyson Foods. Each package bears the establishment code EST 245D as well as a “Best Before or Freeze By SEP 12, 20112”.
The United States Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service was notified of illnesses caused by the 0157:H7 strain of E.coli in Butler County by Ohio health authorities where leftover ground beef was found in the patients’ home.
E.coli O157:H7 is a bacterium that can cause bloody diarrhoea, dehydration, and in the most severe cases, kidney failure.
A statement on the company website said: “Given the use by dates it is likely most of the affected product has already been consumed. However, the company urges consumers to check their freezers and, if they find the product in question, to return or discard it.”
Tyson Foods COO Jim Lochner has predicted a continued decline in the amount of protein available to US consumers for the foreseeable future....
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details