USA: Tyson chicken tenderloins and breast strips recalled for underprocessing
Tyson Foods (NYSE: TSN) announced yesterday that it is working with the USDA and is voluntarily recalling selected codes of fully cooked chicken tenderloins and breast strips. The recalled product may contain folded or large overlapped pieces that were not fully cooked as the label states. This problem was identified by Tyson Quality Assurance and there have been no reported illnesses as a result of the under-processed product.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin