USA: Tyson commences cash tender offer for IBP stock at $26 per share
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN) announced yesterday it is commencing a cash tender offer to purchase up to 50.1% of the outstanding shares of common stock of IBP, inc. (NYSE: IBP) for $26.00 per share. John Tyson, Tyson's Chairman, President and CEO, said, ``We have begun the due diligence process, and at this point have identified up to $100 million in annual synergies, and expect to achieve half of that in the first year. Obviously, this adds to the significant accretion that we expect to realize on both a GAAP and cash basis, as we announced in our proposal last week.''
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill