USA: Tyson commences cash tender offer for IBP stock at $26 per share
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN) announced yesterday it is commencing a cash tender offer to purchase up to 50.1% of the outstanding shares of common stock of IBP, inc. (NYSE: IBP) for $26.00 per share. John Tyson, Tyson's Chairman, President and CEO, said, ``We have begun the due diligence process, and at this point have identified up to $100 million in annual synergies, and expect to achieve half of that in the first year. Obviously, this adds to the significant accretion that we expect to realize on both a GAAP and cash basis, as we announced in our proposal last week.''
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report