USA: Tyson commences cash tender offer for IBP stock at $26 per share
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN) announced yesterday it is commencing a cash tender offer to purchase up to 50.1% of the outstanding shares of common stock of IBP, inc. (NYSE: IBP) for $26.00 per share. John Tyson, Tyson's Chairman, President and CEO, said, ``We have begun the due diligence process, and at this point have identified up to $100 million in annual synergies, and expect to achieve half of that in the first year. Obviously, this adds to the significant accretion that we expect to realize on both a GAAP and cash basis, as we announced in our proposal last week.''
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund