US: Tyson creates jobs at Fayettesville plant
Tyson is set to create 60 jobs as part of the expansion
US meat processor Tyson Foods has announced it will create 60 jobs as part of an expansion at its Mexican Original tortilla plant in Fayettesville in North Carolina.
The soon-to-be completed US$7m expansion will create two additional lines that will produce a new item for a national foodservice customer.
The project has involved the renovation of approximately 120,000 square feet of space and the installation of new machinery at the plant, according to the company.
"We're excited about producing this new product in partnership with our customer," said Richard Irvin, complex manager of Mexican Original. "We helped them develop a product that meets their needs and should help grow their business. This is a textbook example of us seeking to be our customers' go-to supplier."
India's plan to create a brand to promote domestically-produced meat and meat products could fail if the links between livestock producers and processors are not strengthened, Tyson Foods' local ventu...
Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King this week welcomed moves from its UK retail rivals to invest in product quality and service after the retailer reported an increase in annual underlying profits...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report