US: Tyson creates jobs at Fayettesville plant
Tyson is set to create 60 jobs as part of the expansion
US meat processor Tyson Foods has announced it will create 60 jobs as part of an expansion at its Mexican Original tortilla plant in Fayettesville in North Carolina.
The soon-to-be completed US$7m expansion will create two additional lines that will produce a new item for a national foodservice customer.
The project has involved the renovation of approximately 120,000 square feet of space and the installation of new machinery at the plant, according to the company.
"We're excited about producing this new product in partnership with our customer," said Richard Irvin, complex manager of Mexican Original. "We helped them develop a product that meets their needs and should help grow their business. This is a textbook example of us seeking to be our customers' go-to supplier."
India's plan to create a brand to promote domestically-produced meat and meat products could fail if the links between livestock producers and processors are not strengthened, Tyson Foods' local ventu...
Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King this week welcomed moves from its UK retail rivals to invest in product quality and service after the retailer reported an increase in annual underlying profits...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report