US: Tyson Foods FY profits slide
- Net profit slumps to $576m
- Operating profit down 3.1%
- Net sales climb to $33.28bn
Tyson has recorded a drop in full-year profit
US meat giant Tyson Foods has booked a drop in full-year profits as the company battled increasing grain and feed ingredients costs.
In the 12 months ended 1 October, net profit slumped to US$576m from $733m in the prior year, the company reported today (19 November).
Operating profit in the period slid 3.1% to $1.25bn, which Tyson blamed on increased grain and feed ingredients costs of $320m for the year, in addition to operating losses from its foreign start-up businesses in Brazil and China. Compressed pork margins caused by the "excess" domestic availability of pork products also hit operating profits.
Full-year sales, however, climbed 3.1% to $33.28bn.
In the fourth quarter, net profit soared 90.7% to $185m, while operating profit climbed 93% to $332m. Sales were impaced by domestic production cuts made in late fiscal 2011 and so dropped 0.3% to $8.37bn.
A major investor in Smithfield Foods has called on the US meat giant's board to consider splitting the company in three....
Last week ended as it started: with a household brand caught up in the horsemeat contamination scandal. On Monday, Nestle said it had pulled Buitoni products in Spain and Italy after positive tests an...
US meat giant Tyson Foods has acquired local tortilla, salty snack and pretzel maker Don Julio Foods....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review