USA: Tyson Foods, Inc. announces expiration date of tender offer
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN) yesterday announced the expiration date of its cash tender offer to purchase up to 50.1% of the outstanding shares of IBP, inc. (NYSE: IBP). The cash tender offer, which commenced Tuesday, July 3, 2001, is now scheduled to expire on Friday, August 3, 2001 at 12:00 midnight, New York City time. Tyson extended the cash tender offer to coincide with the Delaware Chancery Court's scheduled settlement hearings on IBP's existing shareholder suit on August 3, 2001. Under the court approved stipulation between Tyson and IBP, this is the earliest date Tyson could be obligated to purchase IBP shares in the cash tender offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry