US: Tyson Foods posts Q1 earnings jump
Tyson's posts positive Q4 results.
Shares in Tyson Foods jumped today (31 January) after the US meat giant posted a 47% earnings increase for the first quarter of its financial year.
For the period ended 28 December, Tyson reported income of US$254m, up $173m a year ago.Operating income increased 36% to $412m. Sales were up 4.7% to $8.76 billion.
"I'm very pleased with our strong first quarter results, and I'm confident in my expectations for the full year," said president and CEO Donnie Smith. "We're growing sales and earnings and executing our strategy - including making our third prepared foods acquisition in less than a year - while reinvesting in our existing businesses and buying back shares.
Sales over fiscal 2013/2014 are expected to reach around $36bn.
"We're in a position any company wants to be in, which is being able to make deliberate, long-term decisions to create shareholder value," Smith said. "But we're maintaining our sense of urgency, our flexibility and our opportunistic mindset. We're generating momentum that will take us into 2015, 2016 and beyond," added Smith.
Shares in Tyson were up 7.77% at $37.17 at 11:31 ET.
For the full results click here.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
About Ready Meal A ready meal is a convenient and prepared food, which consists of ingredients that have been pre-cooked to a certain extent. It is considered as an easy alternative to food prepared a...
Meat Packing and Processing, Including Poultry (Chicken and Turkey), Beef and Pork, Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311600 Vita...
Poultry (Including Chicken, Duck & Turkey) Processing and Packaging Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311615 Vital industry-specif...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019