US: Tyson Foods relaunches Weaver chicken roll
The Weaver Chicken Roll is available in Northeast markets and can be found at grocer's deli counters
US meat giant Tyson Foods has relaunched its Weaver Chicken Roll brand after consumers demanded its return.
The company said the relaunch was prompted by online inquiries and consumer phone calls and the brand recognised the strong interest for the Chicken Roll's return.
"We are proud of the long-standing heritage of the Weaver brand and pleased that the Weaver Chicken Roll has become a part of families' mealtime traditions," said Tyson vice president for lunch meats, deli and hams Harold Heinze said today (24 October).
The product can be sliced, diced or blended to be used in casseroles, soups and omelettes, the company said. It is available in stores in the north-east of the US.
Tyson Foods COO Jim Lochner has predicted a continued decline in the amount of protein available to US consumers for the foreseeable future....
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- McDonald's antibiotics move may be seminal moment
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Heinz to cut 71 jobs at UK plant
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business