US: Tyson Foods relaunches Weaver chicken roll
The Weaver Chicken Roll is available in Northeast markets and can be found at grocer's deli counters
US meat giant Tyson Foods has relaunched its Weaver Chicken Roll brand after consumers demanded its return.
The company said the relaunch was prompted by online inquiries and consumer phone calls and the brand recognised the strong interest for the Chicken Roll's return.
"We are proud of the long-standing heritage of the Weaver brand and pleased that the Weaver Chicken Roll has become a part of families' mealtime traditions," said Tyson vice president for lunch meats, deli and hams Harold Heinze said today (24 October).
The product can be sliced, diced or blended to be used in casseroles, soups and omelettes, the company said. It is available in stores in the north-east of the US.
Tyson Foods COO Jim Lochner has predicted a continued decline in the amount of protein available to US consumers for the foreseeable future....
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Brexit and UK food market policymaking
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Arla Foods unveils strategy for growth up to 2020
- US demand for organic food exceeding supply