US: Tyson Foods relaunches Weaver chicken roll
The Weaver Chicken Roll is available in Northeast markets and can be found at grocer's deli counters
US meat giant Tyson Foods has relaunched its Weaver Chicken Roll brand after consumers demanded its return.
The company said the relaunch was prompted by online inquiries and consumer phone calls and the brand recognised the strong interest for the Chicken Roll's return.
"We are proud of the long-standing heritage of the Weaver brand and pleased that the Weaver Chicken Roll has become a part of families' mealtime traditions," said Tyson vice president for lunch meats, deli and hams Harold Heinze said today (24 October).
The product can be sliced, diced or blended to be used in casseroles, soups and omelettes, the company said. It is available in stores in the north-east of the US.
Tyson Foods COO Jim Lochner has predicted a continued decline in the amount of protein available to US consumers for the foreseeable future....
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues