US: Tyson Foods reverses plans to close Denison plant
Tyson Foods has decided to keep its Denison plant open
Tyson Foods has announced it will not be closing its Denison plant as previously planned in a decision that will save more than 380 jobs.
The meat and poultry firm in 2012 announced an "improvement project" at a beef facility in Dakota City in Nebraska would lead to the closure of the plant in Denison in Texas.
"Last week, we told our Denison team members that conditions have changed and that we currently have no plans to close the plant," a Tyson spokesperson told just-food today (17 March).
"The closing of beef plants by some of our competitors coupled with reduced feed prices for cattle are creating more opportunities for keeping beef production viable at Denison," he added.
Meanwhile, the project at the Dakota City site, initially scheduled for completion by the middle of last year, was "taking longer than originally expected" and may not be complete until this summer.
Tyson Foods, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offeri...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in Indonesia, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also ...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Comment: Act now to cut antibiotics in meat
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- Kerry benefits from snacking trends
- First Milk to cut jobs, milk prices
- Nestle launches Gerber Lil' Bits
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019
- Associated British Foods plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report