US: Tyson Foods reverses plans to close Denison plant
Tyson Foods has decided to keep its Denison plant open
Tyson Foods has announced it will not be closing its Denison plant as previously planned in a decision that will save more than 380 jobs.
The meat and poultry firm in 2012 announced an "improvement project" at a beef facility in Dakota City in Nebraska would lead to the closure of the plant in Denison in Texas.
"Last week, we told our Denison team members that conditions have changed and that we currently have no plans to close the plant," a Tyson spokesperson told just-food today (17 March).
"The closing of beef plants by some of our competitors coupled with reduced feed prices for cattle are creating more opportunities for keeping beef production viable at Denison," he added.
Meanwhile, the project at the Dakota City site, initially scheduled for completion by the middle of last year, was "taking longer than originally expected" and may not be complete until this summer.
Synopsis Canadean's "Tyson Foods, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile co...
Tyson Foods, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offeri...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Ambient Meat category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution cha...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Bouillons & Stocks category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable d...
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam
- FSA ordered to carry out review on 2 Sisters