US: Tyson Foods reverses plans to close Denison plant
Tyson Foods has decided to keep its Denison plant open
Tyson Foods has announced it will not be closing its Denison plant as previously planned in a decision that will save more than 380 jobs.
The meat and poultry firm in 2012 announced an "improvement project" at a beef facility in Dakota City in Nebraska would lead to the closure of the plant in Denison in Texas.
"Last week, we told our Denison team members that conditions have changed and that we currently have no plans to close the plant," a Tyson spokesperson told just-food today (17 March).
"The closing of beef plants by some of our competitors coupled with reduced feed prices for cattle are creating more opportunities for keeping beef production viable at Denison," he added.
Meanwhile, the project at the Dakota City site, initially scheduled for completion by the middle of last year, was "taking longer than originally expected" and may not be complete until this summer.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in Indonesia, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also ...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during August 2014. Using t...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020