USA: Tyson Foods to cut up to 600 jobs in Arkansas
US meat processor Tyson Foods has said it is to cut up to 600 jobs at a chicken processing plant in Hope, Arkansas.
Company spokesman Ed Nicholson said between 500 and 600 jobs will be axed at the plant, starting from 4 October, reported Dow Jones News Service.
The Hope plant, which currently has a workforce of about 1,650 people, processes chicken, as well as handling the breading, battering and cooking of the meat.
Tyson Foods employs more than 120,000 people in the US and Mexico.
Companies: Tyson Foods
Recent weeks have seen further arguments between the US and Canada over beef, and between the US and Japan over beef. Disputes in which one side insists it's operating on food health grounds while the...
The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, which recently backed a ruling the cleared Tyson Fresh Meats in a cattle price-fixing case, has also ruled that the plaintiffs must pay Tyson's court expenses, the c...
A US appeals court has unanimously upheld a ruling that clears Tyson Fresh Meats, a subsidiary of meat processor Tyson Foods, of any wrongdoing in a long-running cattle pricing lawsuit, the company ha...
US meat processor Tyson Foods has said it is implementing changes in its management structure designed to enhance leadership development and succession planning....
Meat company Tyson Foods has confirmed that it is to be added to the S&P 500 upon completion of the Unocal acquisition by Chevron....
Meat company Tyson Foods Inc has reported reduced profits for the third quarter ended 2 July 2005, cut by legal costs and the cost of a plant closure as well as slow pork sales....
Meat company Tyson Foods has said it is "grateful" to a court judgement that permits the re-opening of the US border to Canadian cattle imports....
US meat company Tyson Foods has started an internal review after claims by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) about animal welfare issues at the company's Heflin, Alabama, poultry plan...
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review