US: Tyson mum on "Michael Foods bid"
Tyson "tables bid" for Michael Foods
According to Bloomberg, Tyson hopes to win through in an auction process expected to raise in the region of US$2bn. A spokesperson for the US protein group declined to comment.
Michael Foods was acquired in 2010 by Goldman Sachs' investment arm GS Capital Partners for US$1.7bn. Rumours that Goldman Sachs was seeking to offload the business emerged at the end of last year. Speculation has focused on Tyson as a potential strategic buyer, while a number of private-equity firms are said to be weighing up offers.
Michael Foods manufactures products under the Papetti's, Crystal Farms, AllWhites and Simply Potatoes brands. The group generates annual sales of around $1.5bn.
Tyson Foods is expanding its stable of value-added brands. It has indicated it wants to increase exposure to prepared foods in order to offset some of the swings in commodity prices associated with the protein markets.
Last year, sales of prepared foods accounted for just 10% of group revenue. However, Tyson plans to grow value-added sales and the company has realigned its management structure to reflect this aim - separating its prepared foods and chicken operating units.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Protein Ingredient market to grow at a CAGR of 6.03 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the growing...
About Ready Meal A ready meal is a convenient and prepared food, which consists of ingredients that have been pre-cooked to a certain extent. It is considered as an easy alternative to food prepared a...
Meat Packing and Processing, Including Poultry (Chicken and Turkey), Beef and Pork, Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311600 Vita...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Indonesia: the key macro issues facing FMCG firms
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Mars to buy Mexican chocolate maker Grupo Turin
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015