US: Tyson names unit leaders
US meat firm Tyson Foods has appointed two meat and poultry industry veterans to oversee its poultry and prepared foods and fresh meat units.
The Springdale-based company said that Donnie King would takeover the role of SVP and president, poultry and prepared foods, from Donnie Smith, who was recently promoted to president and chief executive.
Meanwhile, Noel While will replace Jim Lochner, who is now Tyson's COO, as SVP and president of fresh meats.
"We believe Donnie and Noel have the leadership skills needed to help us execute the sound strategy we have in place to win," Smith said. "They will be actively involved in our continued pursuit of operational excellence and innovative food solutions for our customers."
King and White will both report to Lochner.
"Donnie and Noel have extensive knowledge about our company and our industry and, equally important, are committed to operating with integrity. I look forward to their involvement as we work aggressively to ensure our company is successful," Lochner commented.
King joined Tyson in 1982 and has served in various positions with the company. Most recently he served as VP of refrigerated and deli, fowl and export sales.
White is currently senior vice president, pork margin management, at Tyson.
Shares in major US poultry processors fell yesterday (6 May) after Pilgrim's Pride outlined plans to re-open plants closed during its recent financial troubles....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review