US: Tyson "outbids Pilgrims" in battle for Hillshire
Tyson "outbids" Hillshire - reports
According to Bloomberg, which cited sources with knowledge of the matter, negotiations between Hillshire and its suitors over the weekend saw Hillshire reach an agreement to endorse an improved offer from Tyson and abandon its previously-agreed merger with Pinnacle Foods.
If Hillshire does back out of the Pinnacle deal the group will be required to pay a US$163m breakup fee.
Pilgrim's Pride entered these negotiations as the highest bidder - with an offer of US$55 a share for the business. Tyson had issued a bid of $50 per share. Hillshire shares are currently trading at $58.92.
Tyson, Hillshire and Pilgrim's did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (Pilgrim’s Pride) is engaged in the production, processing, marketing and distribution of fresh, frozen and value-added chicken products. The company offers fresh chicken p...
The Hillshire Brands Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ser...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Ambient Meat category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution cha...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019