USA: Tyson renames IBP as Tyson Fresh Meats
US meat processor has announced that it is to change the name of its IBP fresh meat subsidiary to Tyson Fresh Meats.
IBP, the US’ largest beef processor, was founded in 1960 as Iowa Beef Packers. The name was changed in 1970 to Iowa Beef Processors and then to IBP in 1982. The company was acquired by Tyson in 2001, reported Reuters.
Tyson said the name change would simplify some business processes from a legal and tax standpoint, but would not change the structure of the business.
Companies: Tyson Foods
Recent weeks have seen further arguments between the US and Canada over beef, and between the US and Japan over beef. Disputes in which one side insists it's operating on food health grounds while the...
The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, which recently backed a ruling the cleared Tyson Fresh Meats in a cattle price-fixing case, has also ruled that the plaintiffs must pay Tyson's court expenses, the c...
A US appeals court has unanimously upheld a ruling that clears Tyson Fresh Meats, a subsidiary of meat processor Tyson Foods, of any wrongdoing in a long-running cattle pricing lawsuit, the company ha...
US meat processor Tyson Foods has said it is implementing changes in its management structure designed to enhance leadership development and succession planning....
Meat company Tyson Foods has confirmed that it is to be added to the S&P 500 upon completion of the Unocal acquisition by Chevron....
Meat company Tyson Foods Inc has reported reduced profits for the third quarter ended 2 July 2005, cut by legal costs and the cost of a plant closure as well as slow pork sales....
Meat company Tyson Foods has said it is "grateful" to a court judgement that permits the re-opening of the US border to Canadian cattle imports....
US meat company Tyson Foods has started an internal review after claims by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) about animal welfare issues at the company's Heflin, Alabama, poultry plan...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review